It’s hard to believe that the year is over so let’s look back to see what we have done in 2018 and see what to look out for in 2019.
With the great success of launching the testnet, we are now in discussion with IDG Capital, who initially led the first round of 20M USD private placement investment in DEXON, for further cooperation and investment.
Gemstra has announced migration to DEXON from Ethereum to DEXON as the US-based social-selling eCommerce platform, and Taiwan’s largest gaming company (with over 60K daily active users) is now cooperating with us to reach mass adoption through blockchain technology.
DEXON Consensus Algorithm
At the end of May, we published our consensus design: DEXON consensus algorithm. Since then it has been updated to include the latest data, with version 2.0 published on 16th November. You can read the latest consensus algorithm version, here.
DEXON’s Consensus Algorithm has also been published on official scientific journals. First, on the International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR), a non-profit scientific organization whose purpose is to further research in cryptology and related fields, and in Cornell University’s e-print services in the field of scientific researches, arXiv.org.
The DEXON economic whitepaper was published at the beginning of July with the latest update, version 1.2 available since the 10th of October.
DEXON’s testnet was officially launched in November 2018 with an all-time high transaction speed registered at 12.7K transactions per second (TPS), surpassing almost all existing blockchain records.
With the launch of DEXON testnet, this grants us an unparalleled chance to show the world the results of our vigorous efforts over the past year, as well as to show that our investors and community’s confidence in our team and our vision has been worthwhile.
DEXON consensus SDK & full node source
- Consensus SDK: https://github.com/dexon-foundation/dexon-consensus
- Fullnode: https://github.com/dexon-foundation/dexon
DEXON Developer Portal
The DEXON developer portal is where you can find the faucet (free test tokens), tech resources, DEXON communities, and DEXON demo DApps. In other words, it’s where you, as a developer, would most likely make first contact with DEXON. https://dexon.org/developer
DEXSCAN is a user-friendly blocklattice explorer combined with web wallet (more on this on the next point) for DEXON. A blocklattice explorer is a search engine that allows users to search, confirm, and validate transactions. https://testnet.dexscan.app
The DEXON wallet, or DekuSan, is a web wallet that allows users to view transactions and send tokens on DEXON. DekuSan is the gateway that will easily let you visit DEXON in your browser. https://dexon.org/faucet
Deversi is the first DApp launched in DEXON; it’s a fun decentralized version of the game Reversi. https://deversi.online/
DEXON Resource Hub
We’ve created a page dedicated to kickstart your learning journey about blockchain and DEXON. We have several tutorials and videos so you’ll always be updates on what you need to know to understand DEXON and how to build your DApps. https://resources.dexon.org/
We have launched a series of meetups and participated in least 25 events on 11 different cities around the globe. One of the highlights is our first ever hackathon hosted at Taipei 101, attracting over 70 participants with 18 projects submitted.
Click on the links to watch presentations from DEXON.
- February 5: Blockchain Economics Forum, Singapore (Blockchain Future)
- March 10: Crypto Investor Show, London (Pain points on current blockchain technology)
- March 20: Blockshow, Berlin (NEXT GENERATION BLOCKCHAIN: EMPOWERING DECENTRALIZED FUTURE)
- May 9–19: iCoin Summit, Cyprus (Next generation blockchain — DEXON)
- May 17–20: Startup Thailand (Next generation blockchain — DEXON)
- June 20–21: Tech Open Air, Berlin (NEXT GENERATION BLOCKCHAIN: EMPOWERING DECENTRALIZED FUTURE)
- June 25–17: Webit.Festival Europe, Bulgaria (Next generation blockchain technology — infinitely scalability and energy efficiency)
- July 12–13: Global Blockchain Forum, Seoul (Next generation blockchain — DEXON)
- July 19–20: APEC Digital Innovation Forum, Taipei (Blockchain — Asia In the Move: )
- July 26–27: Blockchain Conference DC, Washington DC (Next generation blockchain — DEXON)
- September 8: Community Meetup — San Francisco, USA
- September 17–19: Blockchain Seoul 2018
- September 19–20: Consensus: Singapore 2018
- September 26: Blockchain Live London
- September 26: Blockchain ABC, Taipei
- October 1: Blockchain Open Tech Forum, Taipei
- November 6: GENESIS C.A.T meetup / Moscow
- November 22: 3rd Taiwan Blockchain Summit
- December 1, 2018: DEXON DApps workshop, Taipei
- December 5, 2018: Blockchain Against Evil, SF bay area
- December 15–16, 2018: DEXON’s first ever Hackathon, Taipei
- December 21, 2018: Community Christmas Party, Taipei
- December 23, 2018: DEXON sharing — How to become a blockchain developer, Taipei
- December 26, 2018: DEXON sharing — Overview of DEXON, Taipei
- December 27, 2018: DEXON sharing — How blockchain works, Taipei
News & Interviews
Here are some of the most notable news from news publications and crypto influencers. Click on the links to watch or read features and interviews about DEXON.
- Dexon Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange Launched by Cobinhood (BitcoinExchangeGuide)
- Cryptocurrency Exchange COBINHOOD Launches Decentralized Blockchain Platform DEXON With Investment From IDG (Business Insider)
- Dexon BLOCK LATTICE Explained (interview with Ivan on Tech)
- DEXON Interview with CEO Popo Chen (interview with Crypto Love)
- Dexon $DEX | Protocol To Scale | Chat W/ Founder Popo Chen | Providing TPS For dAPPS to DEXs (interview with Crypto Chico)
- AMA với POPO CHEN — Founder của dự án Dexon và Cobinhood (Interview with BigCoin Việt Nam)
- Exclusive Interview with Popo Chen: Founder/CEO of Cobinhood and the DEXON Project (via Bitrates)
- Advents-Spezial: Cobinhood — die Exchange ohne Gebühren (via BTC-Echo)
We’re seizing 2019 as a year of exponential growth and opportunities for DEXON. And here’s what’s in store for us within the immediate future:
1st Quarter of 2019
- Launch: DEXON Mainnet and Decentralized Exchange
- Benefits for COB holders: Ratio, dates, and guide on how you can receive DEXON coins for holding COB tokens
- Developers: Developer incentive programs, more DApps on DEXON
- Roadshow: Global meetups and workshops
Join us on the following events happening on the first month of 2019! More will be announced soon in different cities worldwide.
Let’s talk about DEXON
You can register for the newsletter for the latest updates, or join us in our various community discussions in different platforms.
👉 Twitter: https://twitter.com/dexonfoundation
👉 Faceboook: https://www.facebook.com/DEXON.Foundation/
👉 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbg6l4M8QmSrJphxQvKof5g
👉 Medium: https://medium.com/dexon